Monday, June 11, 2007

I was at recently at this birthday party for a two-year-old. The host and hostess were running around trying to hook me up with somebody my own age.
Erm, yeah..that would be...a twenty-two year old who looks fifteen and knows Disney songs by heart. Sure!
I detest being introduced to people just for company. I was more thsn happy nibbling on cookies and cake and observing people. There was somebody who had come sixth in the State in her board exams. There was a lady who was introduced as 'quite a character'.

I enjoy being an anomaly entirely too much. And yes, i sometimes do it for effect. Why do people assume I'm bored and awkward if i'm alone? And who says I'll get along with people simply because they're my age?
Ooooofff!

2 comments:

insanerambler said...

people don't seem to get it. I like to be alone. I like being disengaged and just observing. Quiet does not equal awkward. I think you'd agree.

Liquifier said...

:) Sigh. many thanks.