Monday, June 18, 2007

Have been obsessive the past few days. Listened to The Doors and The Police over and over. L.A. Woman and Roxanne playing incessantly.
I love it when a song hits me and I have to play it over a million times. Lean into the speakers to catch a difficult word. Hum it for days afterward.
But then, I go over everything a million times. 'Letting go' and 'getting over' aren't part of my monkey-dance. I revel in baggage.

I've been thinking about a particular relationship. We are honest, soft and sometimes awkward. We sometimes tell each other difficult things. We aren't best friends..we've had moments of intimacy and days of distance. We are gypsies.
To the Other Person in this gypsy-ness, I want to say....maybe it's meant to be this way. Maybe we don't need closure and finality. I miss you when you're drifting, and i'm trying to keep away. Maybe it's because we've built nothing between us.

2 comments:

madelyn said...

There is always something between
you I have a sense -
:)
love has many colors and it never dies -
this i have been told -

:)

Liquifier said...

:) Thank you for your words.
When I write 'nothing between us', I mean no relationship-box. Tis just us in a flow.