Sunday, April 22, 2007

I love taking baths. Tis a ritual for me, and I detest people interuupting. I have atleast three kinds of shower gels, two soaps, two face-washes and a foot-scrub in my bathroom at any given time. I am a sucker for all those fancy ingredients they claim to put into shower-gels. Pearl-protein, ylang-ylang, elderflower...you should see me in the supermarket. I open each bottle, smell it and then I read the back. You know, where they write about the calming effects of lavender and how rose-hips will awaken your senses.

I don't like using moisturiser after a bath usually. The clean feel of just having had water all over you is exhilarating. But then you do get lotions fragranced with sweet-pea and cucumber and honey. Water is therapeutic for me. I cannot sleep at night without having splashed my face and washed my hands and feet. I like seeing my fingertips wrinkled after a hot shower in winter. If I ever can, I'd like a home by the sea. A little driftwood house. With an old, wooden tub in the bathroom. Somewhere I could run barefoot and taste of salt and let my hair be tangled...

No comments: