Monday, April 09, 2007

I am actually enjoying working on exams two weeks before they begin. Tis going steady, though I did have nightmares of Aristotle's theory of friendship last night. Twas this huge,ugly blob going 'FRRRIEENDS MUUUSSST WIIISSH EEACCH OOTHER WEEELL.'

I heard disturbing story today.

There was a girl who liked a boy. He was of a different caste and she knew parents would not approve, so she kept it a secret. When they found out, they beat her heavily, in public. Then they took her away to a distant place. On the way, she committed suicide. The parents are relieved. At least their caste is safe.

I've read several such stories, watched dozens of movies telling them...but, this is real. Told to me by an aquaintaince of the girl's. I raged. Asked why??! how? Who the hell are these 'parents?' And how helpless must the girl have felt to have actually taken the step. I've come close. I have.

Thanks Mum and Dad for being so you. You guys matter more than I realize. Such stories remind me of that...

No comments: