Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Isn't it Loverly

Our housekeeper, 3 maids, gardener, the manager of our building and Raju are having a squall-competition in our defunct living-room over their Secret Moneymaking Scheme. I haven't the heart to tell them to shut up, as it is they consider me one of them.
Moving on...

After results yesterday, got plenty of phone calls from neighbours and relatives...and the Gestapo. They of course called from the U.S. Right in the middle of TnT and about 6 customers. Very happy they are, a bit disbelieving of course....'she is a weak student after all blah blah.' Dad did a salsa around the office, Shuchita cried with relief, Mum bought half of Nerja a round of drinks. My favourite great-aunt said 'phail korli naki?' I said 'na, first-class peyechhi.' She said, 'oi eki holo.' See why I love her!

TnT got a gorgeous book called 'The Illusion of Life.' It's basically the history of Disney. Did you know that Mickey's voice is Walt Disney's own? And that the artists actually sat for hours in front of mirrors experimenting with facial expressions before drawing them on characters?
I am marrying that book, since I can't afford it. The rest of you are allowed one affair each!

The nicest part of yesterday...nicer even than the meat-full dinner at La Dolce Vita...was Conversation with S. A good half-hour chat on the kitchen telephone with spooky echoes. Some personal, some 'Da Vinci Code'-ic type subjects were discussed. It was warm and comforting, lots of verbal hugs. I went to sleep smiling...and feeling smooth and defenceless. Maybe it was the combination of vodka, meat and tiredness. Maybe it was that it was night and everything, including my voice was quiet and shadowed. And yet so clear.

1 comment:

kiwiandkitsch said...

marrying the book!!! gawd!please buy it, my present for your fantastic results.
SM