Wednesday, January 11, 2006

There's someone I'd like to get to know. Sensually, verbally, intimately. 'I like your sudden smile, the slow, disproportionate, unabashed way you move,' I'd like to say. Yesterday I imagined the beeping tone of the phone connecting us after we hung up. Because we both softened our screaming, crimson images, allowing indigo interaction to spill over.
I sense the childishness and the child-likeness. The former is your uncluttered perception, the latter your candour. You glow among dusty melodies and categorize ruthlessly. 'I'd like to hear you sing,' I tell you.
Much about you is black. Unknown. Uncompromising. A square. A clam.
I like you because you fit my requirements. And because you don't.
But while I keep these things in mind, I promise to remain open to your changing. And to give you your time, and mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... like they say forty doesn't really allow surges of creative candour, but currently i am in the process of offloading a lot of personal baggage and rediscovering growing up all over again with nan, you and shibs - all reflecting different stages of me with upswings of id and yin ....

Anonymous said...

:) that is very good to hear and I'm happy to be part of it.
This post was written as visualization of the advice you gave me about being patient with a certain person.