Monday, March 17, 2008

Wonder

Intimacy is tough to write about. One ends up being didactic and preachy, albeit ever so slightly.
Also, to scrutinize intimacy and write about it in a systematic, concise way, is to limit its scope.
I like the term, the concept. I like how it feels on my lips and tongue when I say it. I like that I smile when I use it.

But what to write about it?

I ask for the freedom to be intimate. I ask to have the choice of not saying 'yeah whatever' to things. I would like to care obsessively.

Is it intimate to run to meet someone with your hands outstretched? To hug your teacher because he/she makes a brilliant point and is in love with the classroom?

What if I walk barefoot on wet grass and stretch my body with pleasure? Ask my dad for cigarettes?

Can I maintain eye contact with everyone I talk to? Tell people I stammer so that they can get over it? Would you be afraid if we had a conversation based entirely on the first things that came to my mind?

Say I touched the hand of an unattainable man...one I could never have...
What would they call me?

I read love stories and the ocean makes me dizzy. So....

It's all questions and never certain.

Intimacy?

1 comment:

Weed said...

Why is it 'All questions and never certain'?