Saturday, March 15, 2008

Love

This was recorded in Savera, over iced tea and cigarettes. The Professor, sitting across from me, in conversation with an ex-student sitting at the next table.



Ex-student: Sir, are your classes over?

The Professor: No.

Ex-student: Oh...when are they on till?

The Professor(smiling and glancing towards his Honours students sitting inside): Till whenever they want.


Not 'till we finish the course,' or 'till the third week of March,' but till whenever his students want to be with him.

There was no pushing back of hair, he wasn't even talking to me....but I don't think I've ever wanted to give anyone a bigger hug.

3 comments:

Bone said...

:)

and, belated birthday wishes. i've been a slightly irregular reader.

oh and yes you can copy the poem anytime. sillypoem.

Liquifier said...

Thank you sweet :)

Poorna Banerjee said...

you know.. this so reminds me of ADG.