Friday, May 25, 2007

of People

I got some Tia-time today. Much needed, I am super-saturated with people. I can't handle being with people for days. I can't stand being spoken to all the time. My head explodes.
I actually get along far better with my parents because I don't see them daily. Somebody once said that to love someone everyday is a liability. I don't know.
I think to be obliged to love daily is tough. I love Mum, not because she is my mother and I 'should', but because I choose to see her strengths and see, but not concentrate on her flaws.
I've had problems with my father, but when I started seeing him as a person rather than just a dad, things improved. Yes, I still get impatient with him, find him trying...but he has qualities I admire tremendously.
I am deeply lucky to have friends and some relations who understand my social ineptness and make no demands of me. The less I am expected to give, the more I will.

On another note, I am feeling very important because the Router says I am :) I worried over him-and-me. Had endless talks with J, analysing all the ups and downs we had with him. I don't think that will ever stop, tis too much fun! but I don't worry anymore. There is a queer kind of magic in exploring him intimately, without prejudice. I don't shut out any part of him and I remain open to his changing.
This is a first for me in many ways. Thank you for softening, for always responding. For letting me see you...

By the way...Ruta, Jahnavi, I think he deserves a group-hug! Let's pick a date and venue and have the Ceremony!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Tia, hope you passed on my love to NYC :-)

Your post made perfect sense to me. Sometimes, when you are surrounded by your loved ones, you feel like sitting in a quiet corner without any voices to disturb you. But again, there are times one yearns to be amidst all the clamour. If only people realised that both yearnings are perfectly natural and therefore respected them......

Liquifier said...

Jo: :) NYC returns your love hundred-fold! Thank you for understanding.
Love.

insanerambler said...

As soon as you're back. :)

º··´`·.¸» Dragöness º··´`·.¸»™ said...

hmm.. u are tagged..

http://castlelife.blogspot.com/

Jo said...

Tia, a few months ago, you had written a couple of lines about "The Book of Rachel". I finished reading it a short while ago, (searched for) and found the lines you had penned. Now I understand those lines and find myself nodding my head while reading them. The book also makes me want to infuse my cooking with more love than ever. Had it not been for those lines I had read in your blog, I am not sure if I would have bought and read the book. Thank you.....

Prachi said...

i've just returned from a weekend holiday with family (and relatives) and i can sooo relate. I've realised i need me-time too and i didnt realise its importance earlier cos i didn't lack it. right now i just want to be by myself and not answerable or available to aNyOnE. i understand what u wrote so much better now....and what jo wrote makes perfect sense too. i think i'm going to go now and watch that chinese film i'd been putting off for a long time. me-time.:)

Liquifier said...

Jo: :) I'm so glad. Tis one of my most loved books. I bought a book called '84 Charing Cross Road' from Waterstone's bookshop in London. You might like that :)