Thursday, May 03, 2007

Manual of the Warrior of Light

Ok, so one-third of the Examathon is done. I wrote a paper on Applied Ethics in Philosophy today and I discovered several things.
1. I swear a lot when I'm stressed (read having a panic attack) I said 'fuck' about twenty times before the paper.

2. I have a fairly good memory. I can skate over a few pages and remember names like Lars O' Ericsson and Hadley Arkes.

3. I get bored writing papers unless it's Literature. After I had completed 30 marks worth of questions, I didn't want to write anymore.

4. I shared a plate of fries and a few words with a guy we call the Chopper because he once announced in class that instead of capital punishment, they should just chop the guy's limbs off and let him go. He said this with a perfectly serious face. I've never hung out with him and this was nice.

5. Having a decent vocabulary really helps. At least your answers read like you know stuff.

So there you go. Discoveries that had nothing to do with Applied Ethics, but are very pertinent.

I like hanging out with new people. There's so much to observe in everyone. I'm not much of a talker...unless I'm high...but it's lovely knowing there's so much newness around.
Not to mention that people you already know can still surprise you. Somebody, out of the blue, told me the other day that I was highly honest with emotions, and he liked that about me.
Isn't that a great thing to be told? And tis extra special because..well..I was beginning to think he was all matte finish. But now..I've glimpsed a tiny sparkle..and it makes me happy. Tis nice to have people who matter, and nice to discover little sparks of light in them :)

7 comments:

Nonedone said...

Thanks for linking nofunnyjokes!

:D

Liquifier said...

:)

Prachi said...

hmm...beginning of conversion from matte to glossy? laugh.

Liquifier said...

Very funny! :)

insanerambler said...

i like that. new discoveries. lovely.

º··´`·.¸» Dragöness º··´`·.¸»™ said...

just one thing...do what ever u want.just don't start flying..we don't have wings.. it hurts when we fall..

and men with li'l sparks or surprise are the one's who hurt you the most.. so .. don't expect..

Liquifier said...

Dragoness: Of course we have wings! I do fly, and I can handle the fall.