Sunday, January 27, 2008

From me to me

Little girl
Be silent, always apologetic for any noise you make.
Remember you are strong(sometimes you need to crack)
Built to endure
To give

Always

Cry always

hidden

(tell no one!)

Woman

Always always
be afraid of giving offence

(I would like to be asked, sometime, if I want to cry)

yes, I am wrong
even if I am not

I will store it

(my body is deep enough)

tears are disruptive

remember

the wetness, the anger
of your eyes

disturbances
all

(recite!)

when you asked if you are strong

(nod)

you are here to weather
the heaviest of tides

to continue
straight of back
at all times

(I fear nothing but disharmony)

willing giver of your own blood

you bear love

alone

(I forgive and never forget)


Copyright: Ahana Basu
January 2008





1 comment:

insanerambler said...

I love this so much.
It describes how i feel in a way i'd never be able to.
thank you so much for that.