Tuesday, January 23, 2007

What I Have



Do you see? There is a scratch above my mouth, a curving scar deep in the warmth of my left thigh. My knees are folds of flesh, their shape indifferent.
I may not be featured on glossy pages, so they say.
You know.
How much I love my body.
The shuuders of it, the sharp hair and every fall it took for me. How much I love it when it moves. When it is quiet, when
it screams.
You know.
My belly, with its round, soft richness. The perfection of my navel.
The bones of my hip, when I stand before you, leaning slightly.
I love to dance. My body wriggles and shapes itself like no other. My legs awaken, my pixie shoulders scream for attention. My body with all the scent of the sea where my thighs part. The power of the eagle's eye where my spine begins. The soul of my flesh and bone between my eyes.
This, this is what sinks into your image. Here is what I love, the utmost I want to give.
Did you know?

2 comments:

Jo said...

Hey Tia,

"comments" ---> "paper boats". Sounds much cuter! Another thing I like about your blog (besides the creativity) is that it is not liberally peppered with the f*** word. Like everything else in life, I think that word loses its punch when used too freely!!!

Hope you have a very nice Republic Day. Take care of yourself, okay?

Jo

Liquifier said...

Jo: Thank you :) there are very cute connotations for the 'comments' link. I know someone who has 'street stickers' and another who has 'red paper roses'.
As for the 'f-word', I don't use it much in writing. Tis only when I'm drunk or seriously agitated, neither of which happen too frequently :)I will say though, that it is a very evocative word. Grin.
Happy Republic Day.