Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ode to an Oliphaunt Memory

Just got back from the House of Jo-Tie. Ate, played Pictionary, hung out with the Angel and listened to some nostalgia.
I heard 'Mera Saaya' after a long time. S played it to me one night over the phone. Our house had painters and strange carpenters at the time so we were staying with friends. I came home to call him. Because I said I would. And he played beautiful old songs.

I would die without memories, and without making them.

I give smiles to my memories now. I keep them in a lavender-black tinted corner and dust them and re-fragrance them. They make me unsure, leave me laughing, crying and shove me forward. My memories don't always want me, but they've assured me that they're there even when I'm not looking.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Tia dearie,

As expected, your blog is a pleasure to read :-) I hope you had a good time last night, despite the onslaught of memories that "Mera Saaya" seems to have brought. Vin and I loved having you guys over. We must do this more often. What say?

I was going through your list of favourite movies and was thrilled to discover that I have watched most of them and that I adore most of them too. How about dinner and a movie someday?

Nothing more for now. You take care of your beautiful self.

Love,
Jo