Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Throwing Punches!

Some idiot tried to force their way into the Store today. Our glass door with its beautiful etchings is now in half.
Whoever you are, you're a major creep. A Major Creep! And I solemnly swear to kill you in the cold-bloodest possible way if I ever find out who you are. Or, at least render you incapable of ever having kids.
My colleague and I were left alone in the Store only for about 15 minutes. I spent the entire time standing just outside the doorway with my arms folded, narrowing my eyes at anyone I deemed suspicious.
And I did something I've never done before. After pulling down the shutter, I pressed my hand to the faithful metal, then touched my forehead and my chest....

3 comments:

Weed said...

I totally agree with you. That was the most cowardly thing to do. I have no clue how our month is going to be without the safety of that door.

Jo said...

Check out the poem titled "Thesaurus" by Billy Collins. It's quite cute!

Anonymous said...

Jahnavi: Don't worry, we have 'indomitable spirit' remember?? :)

Jo: Hee. I read. Tis adorable. I'll put it up soon.