Monday, November 24, 2008

letter

Dear Backbone,

Today I head off to a brand new workplace. People around me are intensely excited, proud and constantly offering advice. For myself, I'm determined to handle this my way. This isn't my first job, and though the previous one was part-time and non-corporate, it was business and it was work, and I was taught to handle it that way.

So far the best advice has come from Mitul Pishi who very quietly told me, 'focus completely on your work and don't talk bad about anybody in your workplace.'

And that is the essence of any work I'll do. I know I'll resist corporate work life at every step, but nobody will ever fault me for the lack of hard work and personal dignity. I'll be making mistakes, looking blank and sponging up all kinds of information. And every time I come through fire or scale a corporate brick wall, I'll remember to give you a pat. And to say a silent thank you to people like Sumit Pipa and Trips who are convinced that you and I are awesome!

It's been you and me for many years, buddy. So here's to another adventure!

Cheers!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Good luck Tia dear. You and your backbone will do just fine, I'm sure.

Jo

Liquifier said...

Thanks Jo :) My first day was interesting. I think I'll like it. Give Madhulika a hug from me!

Misty Rhythm said...

aww...u'll do just great! n u always have shakun n me if backbone decides to act funny :)

º··´`·.¸» Dragöness º··´`·.¸»™ said...

Oi....
you will do awesome.
Even if I am not near you,
Nor nagging by your side...
I'll be around you,
Haunting you with my love.
So trust me when I say
"You will be just fine!"

hugs!
Deb

Liquifier said...

Misty: kindly do now 'awww' my backbone. Tis Amazonian in its strength and beauty :P

Dragoness: Hugs!