Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Penmanship

The rains have softened slightly and I am in the throes of an intense urge to receive and write letters. I don't mind e-mails, they indulge my impatience, but...the writing on a monitor screen is not to be touched, nor are there visible smudges where the ink has run. No hand has passed over the words in a silent prayer that they will reach their destination...
I feel like putting ink-pens with thick, curved nibs to rough, hand-made paper with flowers pressed into it. Ball-points are such crass, scratchy things.

So...who wants to become pen-pals?

5 comments:

Trina said...

hey, where are you?

Liquifier said...

eito! Tumi kothaye? Shoot hoye gechhe?

Misty Rhythm said...

hhmm, u got my address..pick up a pen n write :P
i miss receiving letters! i have so many from my dad!

Anonymous said...

i would like. i haven't handwritten a letter in years. though we don't know each other too well so, would you?

Liquifier said...

Misty: Yes indeedy :)

Julychild: I'd like that. Will you e-mail your address?