Thursday, June 19, 2008

In Gratitude

Dear Dad
Thank you for not parenting me like your parents. Thank you for the endless forgiveness and understanding. For never questioning my 'nos' and giving me the freedom to say 'yes.' Thank you for always treating me as an equal, for giving my role as an individual personality as much importance as that of daughter.
Thank you for being the person I am most brutally honest with. For letting me be a-social, sleepy and telling people who object to go to hell...just like you.
Most of all, thank you for knowing me so well and for being proud of exactly who I am.
Just as I am of you.

Love you lots and lots and lots.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing cook!!!!!! vernen

Liquifier said...

Heh! Yes indeed.

Misty Rhythm said...

awww...me misses my dad :(