Monday, March 12, 2007

Of Circles and Green Aprons

I know I know,I have been Very Lazy Blogger. Apologies to one who is a cherished reader and has been bugging me to be more regular.

It's been a combination of reasons, really. A load of work, a terrible cold, laziness, the computer conking off, many glamorous love affairs....

I have got my US visa finally. Raju and I went to Bombay, spent 3 hours waiting outside the Consulate and concluded the interview in about two minutes. My consular officer was rather attractive, but 3 hours of standing in Bombay heat had sapped me of all energy, let alone charm. Anyway, tis all done, and there are Big Plans of celebrating a certain close relative's birthday in London on the way back. Mum is hopefully flying in as well, so Heigh-Ho.
Before all this jollity, however, I have to confront that terrible persecutor of students,EGGJAMS(exams you dolts). And my life in tnt as I know it is coming to an end. I shall post a highly mournful epitaph on that later.
My Taker-Over has joined tnt. He is rather nice, seems very Yin and interesting. And quiet compared to the rest of us Gigglers. Methinks he will mesh well with tnt. Tis also the svet fact that he was our very first customer. Sigh. I do love circles :)

I am also writing and designing our Green Apron Book. A concepted initiated by Starbucks, tis basically an index of customer-care rules, specific to the organization. If anyone has suggestions on what we at tnt do best, please do write in.

3 comments:

Prachi said...

U blogged u blogged!! :) U goin to U.S.? When?? Goody, and london too. Nice. Good luck for the green apron book...sounds interesting even if it's abt customer-care. Continue being regular pls.

Weed said...

Some more points that you could add to the Green Apron Book:-
know your bookstore
know your books
be prepared for every job not just yours
you have to be atkeast a little toy-toy
i dont know how many of the above you've already written.
hope it helps

Nandita said...

Why we love tnt:
--Most bookstores have trouble remembering books names...you remember your customers names as well
-- most bookstores employees spend their time cleaning their nails in the store...youll have long conversations about books with customers
--In other bookstores, when you mention famous authors, the response normally is "Who??"....you'll know each of his books intimately
-- In the also-ran bookstores, "Who will cry when you die" features very prominently in either "Indian fiction" or "Children's humour" but never in "Self help/Philosophy"...You books are always in the right place...
--Other bookstore employees have yet to master "Can I help you?" or "We-can-order-it-for-you"...you'll can write a book on the concept of customer service

Even though i never read any of the prescribed MBA books, I mastered a few concepts..
One of them was "Customer delight" or simply put "The WOW factor"...i.e. when you make your patrons go "WOW!"...
You'll definitely have it!..you'll are the definitve WOW store...

(Apologies. Ok. So i am obssesive.
But that the only was I know how to be once i like something...I hope this doesnt result in a restraining order.")

All the best for your book.